Doom 3 scares me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3 scares me

Doom 3 scares me

So I have this game, played it a little bit here and there (no I haven't given up CoH yet,.. I just have to make time for both now ), and it's an awesome game. However,.. I have a 19" flat screen monitor and a fairly decent computar machn. The game looks very realistic in other words. So with the lights out, the sound up and game on,.. I have to be honest,.. I am basically freaking out while playing this game. I am scared, my heart is bumping faster than normal and I really don't know if I can handle this. Am I just a wuss? Or is this normal? On the flip side,.. I looove plaing this game,.. and if you're looking for an adreneline rush,.. this is the game to play.
    Hello World

Nah, it just means you're a democrat...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

arent u tryin to quit smoking too!

A friend of mine commented in similar terms when Clive Barker's Undying came out.

Couldn't play the darn thing if his GF wasn't there and the lights were off.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I am going to force myself to keep playing and to not cry when they shoot me.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I am going to force myself to keep playing and to not cry when they shoot me.
    LOL!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Yeah Doom3 has creeped me out as well. Best way to play it - lights out, with suround sound turned up. Not for the weak hearted.

I haven't played single player in over a week. Was thinking about playing it later this evening.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

An old roomie and I had a moment like this... I think it was Resident Evil... he had it hooked up to a freakin' huge TV, genuine surround sound speakers in all corners of the room, and pitch blackness in the room. It was a serious thrill/fright at the same time. I'd do it again if I could.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Scared me too. I love it. People keep telling me to get Alice if I like creepy games.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Scared me too. I love it. People keep telling me to get Alice if I like creepy games.
    I saw that one on the dollar bin already.

Thought it would be interesting to add to my collection also.

It's good to be the King.

Quote Originally Posted by King Grover

never mind. dead link. i heard thjat game was skerry.
    It's good to be the King.

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Hey I have that game somewhere. Come to think of it, it was a little creepy.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

yeah..doom 3 scared the hell out of me a few times too. the first night i played it..i quit and went right to bed...but my heart was pounding and i couldnt fall asleep for like an hour. its definatly creepy when you are all alone in the house..all the lights are off..the 5.1 sound is going, and you're playing on a 75" screen.

i picked up Clive Barker's Undying about a week ago, but i havent played it a whole lot yet. I Played Alice when it first came out..but i never really got into it...i played through for a while..but then got some other game and lost interest....maybe i'll have to dig it out again
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

wow
    im happy i brought this game, its so dam creepy, i actually jumped a couple of times during game play.

im playing on a 19" monitor with 5.1 surround sound.

i play during the day and when it starts getting darker i kinda stop playing. but im happy to say i finally made it to hell and back.

they did a really great job on hell, it almost reminded me of the movie event horizen where the ship goes into the chaos demension.

i wonder how half life 2 will compare to this