Dell DCSE Certifications
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dell DCSE Certifications

Dell DCSE Certifications

man...ugh, dell gets in deep! Any clue how many pages the BIOS of a Dell Latitude D400 stores? 4? 6? 7? 8?

all online testing...and they support Firefox!...just...they need to build the pages better. failed one of 36 certs due to a page load error. and that one error might cost my future job. GRR!

Anywho, if anyone knows how many pages the BIOS of a Dell Latitude D400 stores, let me know ASAP! thanks!

Sockhatguy

btw - If anyone is wondering, I'm taking the certification exams for the Dell Field Technician
    My specs: 900 MHz AMD T-Bird, Asus K7M Mobo., 256 MB RAM (two 128 MB Kingston SD PC-100), GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (drivers were impossible to find...still crashes because of them every now and then...i think its them...), Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, new high-speed USB 2.0 card, dual 60 GB HDD's for the heck of it (NTFS), XP Pro SP 2, Mozilla Firefox (Spread Firefox!), single-barrel carberator, Saitek P2500 Rumbleforce, (Yes, the system is dated, but it fits my budget!) - Sockhatguy

Resignation

Well, I did it, I passed all of my certification tests, then had 'training' the past two days...and I was going to be thrown to the dogs all on my own tomorrow...

I'm still soaking wet behind the ears! I barely have a clue of what I'm doing. the computer stuff I can do...it's the printer stuff and the paperwork that goes with the service tickets that I'm completely blind on. And also the fact that I was going to be the only field technician for a 250-mile radius...lots of driving for user-serviceable parts.

So, I just sent in my letter(s) of resignation to my boss and to my trainer...and I also have a box of replacement parts that were supposed to be put out today (12.22.04).

I resigned due to lack of training, lack of assistance, the flu, and general BS. I still have no clue what the pay rate was.

Did I do the right thing? Was I right to resign on the last day of training? I'm of course going to deliver the parts to wherever they need them to go, but I'm not going to service individual computers for customers. I will give the parts to other techs, though.

Anywho, I just needed to get this off my chest and to find out what other people think. I have my letter(s) of resignation saved, if anyone wants to read them I can surely post them.

any comments welcome, I just need some (tech) support.

Sockhatguy

PS - Anyone know of a company that needs a DCSE Certified Dell Field Technician that is willing to learn anything and everything that one needs to know to be a field technician/on-site technician/whatever?

just wondering. thanks.
    My specs: 900 MHz AMD T-Bird, Asus K7M Mobo., 256 MB RAM (two 128 MB Kingston SD PC-100), GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (drivers were impossible to find...still crashes because of them every now and then...i think its them...), Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, new high-speed USB 2.0 card, dual 60 GB HDD's for the heck of it (NTFS), XP Pro SP 2, Mozilla Firefox (Spread Firefox!), single-barrel carberator, Saitek P2500 Rumbleforce, (Yes, the system is dated, but it fits my budget!) - Sockhatguy

In the UK the service providers for Dell are Getronics, Unisys and Banctec. Might be the same over there.

Hello good people. I am self-studying DCSE certification. If any of you can help me answer few question i would appreciate. I am studying Ultra Small Factor Form V2 desktops at the moment. Here are the questions I am not clear with:

1. To remove the optical drive on the ultra small Form Factor V2 when the bay is locked, you must remove the hard disk drive?

True or False.

2. There are 2 memory slots that support unbuffered non-ECC memory on the Ultra small form factor V2?

true or false.

3. To remove the cover on ultra small form factor V2 slide the lever toward the front of the chassis?

true or false.

4. The hard disk drive on the ultra small form factor V2 is located in a tray attached to the system board?

true or false.

5. The hard disk drive on the ultra small form factor V2 rotates during removal from the chassis?

true or false.

Thank you all for your time.

Eustahije

Thank you for reminding me to get my certifications. I got 3 week to pass them all. I just need to figure out what my company ID is...

I could help you with these questions, however i'm not familiar with the "Ultra small form factor v2" Could you give an example of a system that uses this chassis/motherboard?
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thank you

Thank yotu for responding sir.

i do not know what systems use ultra small form factor, but it looks like this. it is ultra small and the tower is located on behind the computer screen.

I do not know how to explain better. They are 2007 foundations.

If you can recall it please help me out.

Regards

Eustahije

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Yes, it's all so clear now!

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Eustahije
    Thank yotu for responding sir.

i do not know what systems use ultra small form factor, but it looks like this. it is ultra small and the tower is located on behind the computer screen.

I do not know how to explain better. They are 2007 foundations.

If you can recall it please help me out.

Regards

Eustahije
    I know what chassis you are refering to, it's the new optiplex ones.

1. To remove the optical drive on the ultra small Form Factor V2 when the bay is locked, you must remove the hard disk drive?

True or False. - False, the locking screw is found on the side of the chassis.

2. There are 2 memory slots that support unbuffered non-ECC memory on the Ultra small form factor V2?

true or false. - True - false, the tray is attached to the chassis

3. To remove the cover on ultra small form factor V2 slide the lever toward the front of the chassis?

true or false. - False, it's a nob

4. The hard disk drive on the ultra small form factor V2 is located in a tray attached to the system board?

true or false. - False, it's attached to the chassis

5. The hard disk drive on the ultra small form factor V2 rotates during removal from the chassis?

true or false. - False, it slide back, then pulls straight out
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    WD Black 750 gig
    Lots of fans

Thanks a Million

Thank you for your answers. They are very helpful for me. You are a gentleman.

Eustahije

Good luck. I'm going through them now. I'm now reminded very much of my onboard training ... Sigh.
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    WD Black 750 gig
    Lots of fans

How are you Matridom?

Thank you again for your help.
    Question:
    What is the best way to study for those exams? For example, i am planning to take care of the Desktop part first. There are 3 exams for this certain certification. Dimmennsion Optiplex and one more. If you look at self study material there are so many pages of different dimmension computers. Do i have to remember everything about all of these dimmensions. How similar are thos exam to self assesment tests?

Thank you in advance.

Eustahije

from one of NooNoo's links;
    The test is ridiculously easy. You are asked to open a second browser with the Self Study material. You are essentially searching for the answer from within the provided material.
    I finished all the notebook ones last night, i found that most of the questions revolved around certain key components like Coin cell, Bluetooth module, LCD assembly, sim card and wlan card locations.

I do have hands on experience with some of the systems so i was not searching that much either.

Good luck
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    WD Black 750 gig
    Lots of fans

anyone have the asnwers to the customer service section? i failed it 8 times now cant get higher than a 73&#37;