God and the tsunami
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: God and the tsunami

Banned

God and the tsunami

Very interesting differing views

Wished I had watched the show, probably would have been very good.

That's what makes atheism such a beautiful thing at times. You don't have to question the motives of your lord, savior and king. You just go with the flow, and mumble that sometimes sh!t happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    That's what makes atheism such a beautiful thing at times. You don't have to question the motives of your lord, savior and king. You just go with the flow, and mumble that sometimes sh!t happens.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    you don't have to be an atheist to say that, sh!t does happen. too many people try to find a reason for everything nowadays, rationalization is another form of emotional repression. something bad happens, and in this case something that makes you stop and think about much in your life (priority wise), and we automatically want to find some explanation that will ease our conscience. whether your God, god, gods fearing, or atheist, most people will be bothered by they're conscience in those times. so we'll turn to explanations to take our focus away from the helplessness, and insecurity that these events bring forth in our own lives. it always surprises me when i see people blaming the big old spanking stick of God. if you believe in God of the bible you're already aware that all this is supposed to happen, why the big freak i still wonder? one thing i did like that was said tho...that there wasn't more death, this was these people's time to go, period...it is a time of mourning, and notice how these kinds of tragedies always bring out the good in most people, i said most
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

This is why muslim countrys hate America (an many other non chrisitan countrys, orthose that dont share chrisitan belifies)). your alwasy touting your relgious belifies and are on a conversion mission (wors of which was the crusades which as set the precdent for Muslim/Christian relations. Makes me happy I'm a Wiccan/Budist! (still havent settleds on one so im going with both!

If something disasterous happens to the US how many think that the other world religions would belive that their deity had smited the infedels?

Religion should be about tollerance (these are your belifes, they are not hurting anyone so be it), and not about we're right your wrong becasue "god" (natural disaster) beat you up. My point is "He" may or may not have who are we to say?
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

Quote Originally Posted by RejectionMan
    your alwasy touting your relgious belifies and are on a conversion mission (wors of which was the crusades which as set the precdent for Muslim/Christian relations.
    i have to remind you that the crusades were made by men, something very different than God actually doing it Himself. they were, and still are one of the worst atrocities. they only used God's name to justify their disgusting behaviour
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    one thing i did like that was said tho...that there wasn't more death, this was these people's time to go, period...
    OK. I'm sure that makes the father of the 6 month old who was swept from his arms feel a lot better. And I'm sure all it was time for all those innocent children to go to (nearly a third of the deaths are estimated to be children) what a f***ing joke
    Last edited by kato2274; January 6th, 2005 at 12:52 PM.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    OK. I'm sure that makes the father of the 6 month old who was swept from his arms feel a lot better. And I'm sure all it was time for all those innocent children to go to (nearly a third of the deaths are estimated to be children) what a f***ing joke
    i think you misinterpreted what i was saying, i don't take it lightly, or even know what it's like to lose a child. i sympathize, but honestly, i would rather lose my child when he's very young, than later. and since when has innocense had anything to do with death, where is that reasoning coming from?

Banned
    i think you misinterpreted what i was saying, i don't take it lightly, or even know what it's like to lose a child. i sympathize, but honestly, i would rather lose my child when he's very young, than later. and since when has innocense had anything to do with death, where is that reasoning coming from?
    Yeah, that first person put their view very well. Might not wholly agree with it, but very, very well put with the whole God is all good, but bad things happen problem.

oh and kato, please remove the smiley from what you quoted from me, it is very misleading as i put it exactly where it was supposed to be, you erased what went b4 it and now it just makes my statement look really sick. thx

I'd like to formulate a response that would articulate much better exactly what I feel / believe on this particular subject......but I'm not sure I have it in me today. It's been a long day hectic day to this point my brain is half fried and I'm affraid everything is going to come out wrong and cause a big flame war, so I'm not going to even try.

maybe I'll revisit this after lunch if I'm feeling re-energized and more coherent in my thought. . . .

oh and kato, please remove the smiley from what you quoted from me, it is very misleading as i put it exactly where it was supposed to be, you erased what went b4 it and now it just makes my statement look really sick. thx
    my bad....not intentional....will fix

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    my bad....not intentional....will fix
    thx

God is about man. God does not control the earth... He may or may not have been responsible for it coming into being. The systems that "run" the earth are subject to change. The plates moved, the earth quaked, the wave happened.

Blaming God? No. Blame People? No. Blame physics and chemistry?

The appalling loss of life cannot be fathomed. One person did point out that a similar number of people die of starvation or poverty related disease every day... now that is far more staggering a statistic.
    Last edited by NooNoo; January 6th, 2005 at 12:56 PM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

since society needs a guilty party, i blame science, if we wouldn't know about earthquakes, this would never have happened, period!! stupid science