Dead...Dead...Dead...Dead!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dead...Dead...Dead...Dead!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    Star Wars duh! I'm a little smarter than Prince Harry.

I don't understand what's not to like about the new BattleStar Galactica. I watched the first series on Prime time as a kid. Now when I watch it, it seems so tongue in cheek. Tivo tapes it now as we speak.

The new series has better actors, seems more dark and more realistic.
    Easy, starbuck is a freaking chick

werd
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

the new BSG rocks. Finaly someone sees the remake my way! (im liking Richard1 more and more!)
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

Quote Originally Posted by RejectionMan
    the new BSG rocks. Finaly someone sees the remake my way! (im liking Richard1 more and more!)
    I was all prepared to hate it, since I was both young and stupid enough to like the original series. But when the miniseries was on I watched it ... and enjoyed it ... and yes, the miniseries and the two episodes from last night are safely TiVo-ed for later enjoyment.

My wife, a lovely person in her own right, has one minor character flaw. She doesn't get the whole "Sci-Fi thing". She doesn't understand why I carry around a couple dozen novels on my Pocket PC. (Of course, she claims not to get the concept of the Pocket PC either, but I'm working on that ). She'll rarely watch a sci-fi movie at the theater or on DVD but more often not. I've tried to introduce her to several of my favorite authors (Asimov, Heinlein, Bova, Drake, Weber, Saberhagen et.al.) ... nada.

... but the other night she sat down with some knitting, turned on the TV, and Part 1 of the miniseries was just starting. I wasn't paying much attention to it because I'd already seen it and was recording it for when I could sit down and enjoy it later. About an hour later I saw that her knitting was parked and she was completely engrossed in the movie. I made the obligatory gasping-for-air-and-clutching-at-chest act when she asked when Part 2 was going to be on.

Her review - The characters have depth and dimensions that can be appreciated and enjoyed, the movie was well-paced with both plenty of drama and plenty of action, and the storyline actually makes sense!

Like me, she's waiting to see what the series will bring - it's relatively easy to do four hours of mini-series, can you do the same thing week after week?

Banned
    Fine and dandy, but for me, the magic and the fun was gone.

And for those PC people out there who talk about needing a woman when I bitch about the loss of Starbuck. Which show had that major hot chick on the bridge? Which show had blacks in positions of power and authority? Which show forced them all to realize that women could be just as good of pilots as the men?

Nope, sorry, you can add drama, but for those of us who grew up with favorite characters, the magic of it all was destroyed. I tried watching it again last night, turned it off.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    WOW, the lounge currently has 9 days worth of threads on the same first page. Things have definitely slowed up!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Prince Richard 1?
    I really object to that. This is TOTALLY uncalled for.

He deserve a chance, for chr!$t sake, give the poor guy some slack.

Dont let this get to you, man.
    Go, Harry.
    C'est la Vie...

"I invented it, Bill made it famous." ~ David Bradley
    (wrote the code for Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the IBM PC)

"You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the monitor with your cursor." ~ Juuso Heimonen

Quote Originally Posted by RejectionMan
    the new BSG rocks. Finaly someone sees the remake my way!
    I didn't like the miniseries (didn't expect the change, didn't get what they were going for, there were some odd parts, acting could have been a little better, effects were a little too dark, etc) but the 1st episode was really good imho. I plan on watching these. The acting is settling in and it's really good now and the visuals are great too. I'm really impressed now.