Hello, Richard.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Richard.

Hello, Richard and Sclark.

I'm going to try to be completely nonpolitical in this post. (And any non-administrative members responding, please respect this.) I have personal reasons not to see any further disturbance caused here.

I am a member of "the public" that your company is attempting to serve. I've been a longtime member of Windrivers, and several of it's spinoff forums, I've even moderated at some of them... and I've argued with Scott before too, but I keep coming back here, because I just don't have the geek know-how that so many of your regular members do (at least the ones who haven't left in disgust).

I am a CONSUMER of your end product - the forum.

So if you want feedback from your consumers, here it is.

I will address specifically two people.

NOONOO (and the dozens of people like her that she leads in spirit, if not in name) is what made this site so attractive to me as a member of the public to return to again and again. She has personally saved my bacon on a half a dozen occasions where I was facing a technical SNAFU. I find it absolutely incredible that someone with her technical savvy and customer service skills has been willing to provide MORE than full time service to this site WITHOUT EVER BEING PAID A PENNY. If I were you, I would consider it a MASSIVE stroke of luck that she has decided to stay here and continue to represent your company's good image despite the expulsion of the old Scott. She is one of the shining crown jewels of this website and I would court her goodwill if I were you.

The other person I will address is TripleRLtd. Again, specifically as a member of the public.

TripleRLtd and I have argued before, and more rarely, made peace and agreed. However, elevating him to moderator status does nothing to increase public confidence in the moderation team here. While he is intelligent and means well, he has no customer service skills whatsoever and the frequency with which he contradicts himself leads me to suspect he may have a short-term memory problem as well, or possibly a problem grasping reality. I can find you examples if you like, but knowing Trip, I'd wager real money that if you look through whatever his most recent ten posts are, you will find at least two or three instances.

Think about it. If you are a representative of your company, and you want your company to make a good impression on potential customers, it seems clear to me what sort of person you should and should not be identifying your brand name with.

Just my two cents worth. If you don't want your customers' opinions, that is your prerogative as administrator.

Paul.
    Last edited by Wayward Clam; March 2nd, 2005 at 11:21 AM.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

"management" is interested and is listening.

from the corporate headquarters in beautiful downtown Darien, Connecticut, we can see there is a storm passing through the boards.

on the bright side, "frank" discussion is taking place behind the scenes and i am confident we'll end up stronger than ever. In defense of TripleRLtd, he stood up and expressed concern about the future of the boards, so I think we all share the same sentiment on that.

- Gus Venditto
    -- editor-in-chief, JupiterWeb

Paul thank you for those kind words, gvenditto is correct, discussions are taking place. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Paul thank you for those kind words, gvenditto is correct, discussions are taking place. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible
    WooHoo!!!

Wow Clam, immediate response from Editor-in-chief...nice work...

Richard,

As a member of a two major spinoffs, i want to join with clam. One of the groups im a member of has had major head bunts with Noo, her and i have a good slapping to as well in chat. However her work her for free at WD has been nothing short of painfully sick. Why sick? no human would put up such a fight and answer something to no matter who it is. She was always fare if you and her didnt get along she still did her best to answer your question to the best of her knowledge. I think this megamod status plus alot more should be givin to her for her work that internet.com or you or whomever has sadly and i use this term sadly pushed aside even if its for a few minutes to review things. It shouldnt matter if shes apart of another site or not its what she has offered here. Its a non paying job and she has been through family hell and friends and yet still maintained her status here. A person saying this from a group she has major bumped heads with should mean alot. Im doing it cause serious credit is due to her, she hasnt asked for anything but a bit of respect.

I also want to speak of the other mods like DonJ & Angel .. their work here is also been soley pushed aside. Many of us have been around since the begining and we are very partial to certain people. I know i joined a group and dropped my Life here .. i lived here for years but when stupid things happened i pretty much left however over time people ive bumped heads with (as they have to) have pushed aside the crap now and are friends again .. I certainly think people like Matridom and Noo and Ferrit and others deserve serious credit. Again being im from a group who brached off when things happened .. im now telling you these people deserve serious respect for one still being able to help AND two for the hard work they have done .. im asking windrivers, internet.com, or whomever to resume and make sure that these people are not lost or discredited for the hard work and time for FREE that they have put into this site and its people.

Also putting TrupleRltd. in the same boat with DonJ and others is a sad misuse of this place. Im not saying TripleRLtd is a bad person but he lacks the respect by ALOT Of members where others like DonJ and Noo have earned. I personally dont have issues with TripleRltd but i know others do and I think this should be considered and I think TripleRltd should step down knowing the respect factor for he has come to make for himself.
    Last edited by Matt_29; March 2nd, 2005 at 12:22 PM.
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Banned
    As someone who has been in several recent fights with Trip even up to as soon as Monday, I would highly, strongly advise the mgmt to rethink the idea to have him in such a position. While he does have the drive to help, his social and communication skills are considerably lacking. He is unable to communicate with people past what he thinks is happening and is unable to see any bigger picture. He is also a major factor in multiple people leaving this site as well as for stirring up the flames for the trolls that have come through merely starting crap between two websites. I have always been here, and would like to stay, but this decision to have someone like him as a member of your staff is very troubling to the least and honestly makes me wonder if I would be better off with one less website forum to participate in.

Thanks much for the insight folks. I agree about NooNoo--she's gone out of her way to work out the kinks here, and is to be highly respected.

We always value your input here--please don't hesitate to drop me a note any time, [email protected]. You folks are what makes the site what it is--a living community.

Point taken about Trip. He'll be held to the same standards as all the mods, and he understands that at this point.

Thanks,
    Scott Clark
    Executive Editor, Windows Tech Channel

And you can PM me as well. I have instant email notification set so I'll get the message pretty quickly.

Wow, all these Administrators coming out of the woodwork to bail out Richard1. Can we rest assured that he too will be held to those high standards, hopefully keeping rash desisions down to a minimum...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Wow, all these Administrators coming out of the woodwork to bail out Richard1. Can we rest assured that he too will be held to those high standards, hopefully keeping rash desisions down to a minimum...
    Like making someone like Trip a mod?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gvenditto
    . In defense of TripleRLtd, he stood up and expressed concern about the future of the boards, so I think we all share the same sentiment on that.

- Gus Venditto
    -- editor-in-chief, JupiterWeb
    So have I, and that should be no consideration for a mod, believe me, everyone here will agree that I am probably THE LAST person who should be considered for mod status, behind Trip

Cleetus, your sentiment is probably noted. But if I may intercede, at this point, Management has done the right thing by backpedaling on changes made to the other Mods. I don’t think management is ready to backpedal on the Trip situation, and perhaps rightly so. Trip was appointed, and we all agree, Trip has a knack for being here and trying to help. Now that he’s got a position, we should allow him some latitude to learn to become what he has been appointed, and that is to be a fair and just Mod. With NooNoo and the others back in the game, there will be checks and balances, which I think was the primary concern of all of us. Since that has been met, let’s see how things go and give him a chance, also allowing the other Mods to do their job, and show him teh way…

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Cleetus, your sentiment is probably noted. But if I may intercede, at this point, Management has done the right thing by backpedaling on changes made to the other Mods. I don’t think management is ready to backpedal on the Trip situation, and perhaps rightly so. Trip was appointed, and we all agree, Trip has a knack for being here and trying to help. Now that he’s got a position, we should allow him some latitude to learn to become what he has been appointed, and that is to be a fair and just Mod. With NooNoo and the others back in the game, there will be checks and balances, which I think was the primary concern of all of us. Since that has been met, let’s see how things go and give him a chance, also allowing the other Mods to do their job, and show him teh way…
    Sorry, I just have a real big problem with this one. Trip is the last person who should be a mod and is the entire reason I have been bitching since I found out. Honestly, making that guy a moderator here is the worst decision made here yet.

**** dude, both of us got banned for trying to tell NooNoo that she was wrong and tried to find some balance and checks in that system, how the hell are we going to have a voice to shut him up when he goes over board, and he will. He lost the bet with Clam in politicos, he attacked first.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Technically, he is a mod in Case Mods and Cooling, and Hot Hot Deals. So as long as you don't start trouble in either of those areas, you should be able to just put him on ignore.
    Sergeant WOTPP