Nominations Debate - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominations Debate

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    the dad in me is saying this is wrong on so many levels I can't even begin..... just my opinion
    Care to discuss?
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    Care to discuss?
    again this is just MY opinion, but I wouldn't let my daughter walk around the house dressed like that let alone take a picture and post it on an public internet forum where "friday" threads (though sparse the last couple weeks) are a regualr occurance.

I just wouldn't be comfortable knowing some guy (maybe none here but this IS the internet and more than just us regular users visit) would be "managing their anger" to a picture of my little girl. it's bad enough to know some 16 year old kid she knows is probably doing it when thinking about her, and I know it's reality. but I certainly wouldn't do anything to promote it or objectify her.

again just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm right or what mayet did or does as a mother is wrong. I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    again this is just MY opinion, but I wouldn't let my daughter walk around the house dressed like that let alone take a picture and post it on an public internet forum where "friday" threads (though sparse the last couple weeks) are a regualr occurance.

again just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm right or what mayet did or does as a mother is wrong. I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.
    Agreed 100% - I've mentioned the same thing before. I have three daughters and would never post pics of them dressed like that on the internet for others to oogle and god knows what else over.

But like you said, everybody has their own opinion.

I am your new digital ruler, THE MEADMOD! So all, rise to your feet, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me.

And just what is wrong with a mother being proud of her daughter?

I don't see any of you condemning the Friday Boobie threads, are you suggesting now that those are somehow dirty? Cause they're certainly a lot more racy than that picture of Krissy is.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward Clam
    And just what is wrong with a mother being proud of her daughter?

I don't see any of you condemning the Friday Boobie threads, are you suggesting now that those are somehow dirty? Cause they're certainly a lot more racy than that picture of Krissy is.
    I'm determined NOT to let this turn into a flame war, so I'll tread as lightly as possible and say again that PERSONALLY I would not have done it.

and I'll also say that the pictures posted in the friday threads are pictures of someone's daughter and I wonder if the parents of those girls would proudly display those pictures in their living room or post them on the internet themselves.

I'm not comdemning anything. I don't have the right to....just offering a differing opinion.

I'm as proud a parent as anyone here and have posted pictures of aidan on this forum and others, but when he's 18 I can promise you I won't be taking beefcake pictures of him with his shirt off and jeans unbuttoned and post them to a female dominated public internet message board so he can be oogled at and whatever else........

I'm not making sweeping judgements about right or wrong. I'm saying personally for me I would not have done it, and will not do it.

If I had a daughter and showed a picture of her to my friends and recieved these comments
    May we each and all use our spare hands ...
    I do believe she has recently turned 18...
    jokes or not I think I'd probably start a fist fight.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I am your new digital ruler, THE MEADMOD! So all, rise to your feet, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me.
    MetaMod does have a certain ring to it.

If I had a daughter and showed a picture of her to my friends and recieved these comments

jokes or not I think I'd probably start a fist fight.
    I was going to post a reply, but no need, kato pretty much said what I was thinking, word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    Mayet's wonderfull pictures aside...I don't recall seeing anyone in authority asking for volunteers to be a mod. Is this thread moot?
    NooNoo did ask for nominations for Forum Mods. Here is a listing:
    View Forum Leaders

As you all know, Scott (aka Windrivers, Windrivers1) is not around these boards any longer. Basically, all of those forums listed next to "Windrivers1" are up for grabs. Yes, the person doing the modding should be an established member of our community. He or she should be more than just a novice in that particular area and/or know how to find the correct infomation requested and to keep things moving along.

And yes, those certainly are wonderful pictures of Mayet's kids. And yes, I would certainly be very proud of them and email them to everybody I know. But I probably wouldn't post them in a public forum on the internet tho. But hey, that's just me.

Each to his own, my daughter is my best friend. We always discuss what jobs she will take on and what she will turn down. We talk about everything openly and have a fantastic mother daughter relationship. When she is sick, she just wants me to hold her and make her feel better.

I am proud of all my children, they are all beautiful inisde and out. my other children are starting modelling assignments along with their other activities.

Krissy know my rules, no topless or bottomless and no naked pics. She knows where the line is drawn. Other than that as i am so proud of my beautiful wonderful daughter I will post pics of her anywhere and everywhere. Also that particular picture Krissy didn't like. She feels to skinny at the moment but still gave me permission to post it and we both giggled about it afterwards.

I guess we don't have a problem with ourselves and life is to short worry about other peoples 'moral dilemmas'
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    Each to his own
    exactly

As a mod on another site, when we are looking for a new mod, we basically look for somebody who doesn't want to be one. Anyone that asks to be a mod is disqualified for life (and probably would never be considered anyway).

It's a lot more fun that way, too. All of the sudden one day, you have a whole lot more options and about 20 private messages and complete information overload.

My two Canadian cents.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    As a mod on another site, when we are looking for a new mod, we basically look for somebody who doesn't want to be one. Anyone that asks to be a mod is disqualified for life (and probably would never be considered anyway).
    I'd have to agree there. When I was asked the first thing I said was:
    NOW???
    I accepted anyway...

btw, would you or your site ever start a thread like this, knowing where it could and would probably go?

On my sites I ask for nominations..in fact I have been going through the process over the last few weeks of pruning dead mods and making new ones...

If the whole site is involved in the process then no one feels put out

I also keep an eye out for worthy mods

and Kato...as said my daughter and i have a wonderful relationship and very open..... we can talk about stuff like sex with no issues.........
    and shes not promiscuous either...
    Last edited by Mayet; March 6th, 2005 at 03:41 AM.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    I also keep an eye out for worthy mods
    As does the new management.