PSAPI.DLL error message - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PSAPI.DLL error message

If you got the error again, you didn't find them all.... you need to ensure that hidden and system files are searched as well. There may be a copy in system restore...

Even if you did lose ie6, you could still use windows explorer to go to web pages... there are a few sites that keep full versions of previous browsers... http://browsers.evolt.org/ for instance... have a look at just how many browsers there are!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Smile PSAPI.DLL Error message

Hi NooNoo,
    Thanks for ypur help.
    I did another search and found a lot of system files including an uninstall file in WINDOWS\$NTServicePack. I renamed that and all the other files except for the WINDOWS\Service PackFiles\386 and WINDOWS\System32 and rebooted. No error message!!!
    I.ve left the old names and everything seems to be working.
    If the start up next time is OK I will leave things as they are.
    Thanks again.
    Steambuff

Glad it's sorted.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Worked Here

I had this problem with the release version (not the Beta) of IE 7. The fix , posted earlier by Stuinn, worked like a charm.
    Last edited by marston623; November 5th, 2006 at 08:32 PM.

I put a stop to > PSAPI.DLL error message on my system!

You can try this at home. Seriously though do this and it goes away on start-up.

1. Go to start menu select run and type in the box "msgonfig" ..Click OK

2. A Utility box will open. Click on the tab "Startup" now look for the problematic file eg: MotiveSB.exe

3. Clear the check box accordingly for that problematic startup error message you are receiving.. Click OK

4. Restart; as you should be prompted to do so anyway. Do it now.

Hope this works for you, and hey No problem [joecomp] see you next time.

Welcome to Windrivers Joecomp and marston623

Joe, your fix is fine if you don't use the software, but eventually you will load it and have the problem back again. Also many people don't know what program is causing the problem so while your approach is OK, it may not be as easy for others to do.

Had the same problem with this annoying message,tried stuinn's method and it seems to have worked a treat.Thanks a lot.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by hald47
    I had this error pop up after installing Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP Home, too. I have a Verizon DSL connection to the internet, and I found the PSAPI.DLL file giving me the problem under: C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Help Support\Smartbridge\psapi.dll.
    After renaming this file psapi.old, and rebooting the computer, the problem disappeared! Thanks to all for steering me in the right direction!!!
    I too have Verizon and have been having this problem as well.I originally uninstalled IE7 Beta but after hearing it was out of beta and being released to the public I installed it again thinking the problem had been fixed- I was wrong.I did a search for the error that brought me here and your post above did it for me.I registered just to thank you and the others for helping me solve this most annoying problem.

Thanks for the follow-up NooNoo

I agree with your replied statement in all respects. I hate toying with the tedious system problems, I have a bad habbit of quick/temp. fixing on my computer(s) and the operation systems. I like to move on and deal with more demanding priorities. I should have stuck to the open source option when creating my new business environment. I'm sure future employees would love me...trying to figure it all out when they only know visual operating system methods. Back to the "PSAPI.DLL" error message > First I tried to install the I386 folder to my C: drive and change the route from D: to C: but this did not work. Like I said get it out of the eyesore range-deal with it later when more time is of hand, as long as nothing else becomes affected.
    Thanks for having me here, a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers Joecomp and marston623

Joe, your fix is fine if you don't use the software, but eventually you will load it and have the problem back again. Also many people don't know what program is causing the problem so while your approach is OK, it may not be as easy for others to do.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot Stuin these help to solve the proplem for time being, everithing runs well and I hope in future the Microsoft resolve these problem..It always some problems with new soft

Welcome to Windriver SLA. Glad this thread helped.

Smile GetProcessImageFileNameW Problem

Just found this forum in desperation after IE7 download and frustration of above error message. Many thanks Stuinn for your posting which has solved the problem for me! All to do with BT Broadband help PSAPI file. If I could send you a pint of Newcastle's best ale over the net, I would in recognition of your fix

Welcome to Windrivers speedwaythom

Seems like all the ISPs need to get this sort out...

PSAPI.DLL Errors

I too had the same error message after my computer updated to IE 7 and tried the suggestion for finding that particular file and then renaming the DLL file to old. Mine was located in the Net Assistant file. I have rebooted a number of times since locating the file and renaming it and no error messages as of yet. Perhaps it isn't in the same file all the time as there is no chance I would have Verizon or sprint on my computer.
    SusieQ

Susie, which Net Assistant software are you using... all the people have had problems with their internet service provider's software which aims to assist people when they have problems. I think it is the same file, just used by several companies to report the status of a process. Therefore anyone using any kind of software which reports the connection status (for example) will have this file in the software.

It is a proper and needed windows file - there are just different versions of them... the one the ISPs and other connection helper software companies seem to use a version that IE7 doesn't like.