Lost all usb fxn

Thread: Lost all usb fxn

Lost all usb fxn

Ok here's my problem :- I've posted on other forums and no luck so I'm praying ye guys can help.

I'm running WIN XP with SP 2 installed, with usb 1 or 1.1..

Got a present of a usb 2 corsair flash voyager usb key that was not recognised by the pc. Kept asking for drivers, couldn't find any to save my life. Bought a new usb 2.0 pci internal card and installed it. Same issue.. pc would not recognise it. Couldn't get drivers.

Card is made by newlink but seems to be VIA in origin : via vt0602cd on the chip.

SO followed the advice to go to safe mode remove all usd entries from device manager and let the system redetect everything.. I've now lost ALL USB fxn.

I've running aIntel Garibaldi D850GB mb with the intel 850 family chipset.. tried reinstalling any downloads from intel on these to no avail.

I've just discovered via EVEREST that a lot of my usb drivers appear to be STOPPED?? CAn't figure out how to link to an image here or insert one..

If i got these drivers restarted would that at least give me back usb1.1? I'd settle for that. I've tried using my xp boot discs but after they ran it was asking if I wanted a recovery or a reinstall?

Any advice ? I'm desperate but want to try to avoid a reinstall of windows

Cyber tech forum post

In Device manager, right click the USB Root Hubs 1 at a time and look under power management - uncheck the 'turn off to save power' box if it is checked.

Make sure P&P is enabled in your bios as well as Services.

when i go into the device manager they are listed under "other devices" as USB controllers, not hubs. I've looked in the properties for power management for these items and cannot see anything related to this topic.