Officejet r65 not working
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Officejet r65 not working

Angry Officejet r65 not working

I recently upgraded my computer to a Pentium duo core with 2 gigs of ram.. All of my information was copied over to my new hard drive and everything works just fine except the all in one. I had a parallel port installed on the computer because my printer is not a usb one. This "all in one" worked before on my computer with XP. I do know that I had some issues getting it to work when I originally upgraded to XP but now cannot remember what they were. Anyone have any ideas?
    SusieQ

Last edited by CCT; November 24th, 2007 at 10:42 AM.

Officejet r65 not printing

I checked the device manager and it says that the parallel port is set this way...NetMos PCI ECP parallel port set to LPT3 So I think it is set to ECP. Where do I check now? I have tried disconnecting the all in one, turning off the computer, reconnecting the all in one, turning it on and then turning the computer on all in that order.. Still doesn't work...
    SusieQ

Well, not having the manual for that card, and since little is on Google, I can't be specific: however, did drivers come with it? Are they up-to-date? Do you know the specific model of card?

http://www.moschip.com/html/download_drivers.html

Normally, the ECP and other settings are done in Bios, but that is an aftermarket chipset add-on so I would guess it is set in software - maybe not.

Bios has to recognize the card to enable it BUT that may simply be a PCI issue with an IRQ - in XP SP2 for 'normal' LPT1 settings in Dev manager you can make an IRQ NOT be assigned or other options - make sure you don't have conflicts with IRQ assigning (markers in Dev manager) and check your Bios to see if anything is available for that card there.

You should set it up as LPT1, port 0x378, irq 7
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

When I checked the I/O range it says the following and this may be the problem.
    I/O Range 1030 -1037
    I/O Range 1028-102F
    IRQ 17
    How and where do I change this because I think that the first one should be 378...
    SusieQ

Officejet r65 not printing

Thanks, I will check that out.
    SusieQ

if you right click, save as here you can download the full manual. Google cache doesn't show the pictures embedded in a pdf file.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Officejet r65 not scanning now

Well, I checked the manual out and now the All in One prints, but alas no scanning...You are right, never approach anything with a computer and figure that it will be simple. Something else to check... At least for the time being, I can print...
    SusieQ

So progress... When you say no scanning, what happens when you try?

I do what Noo suggested all the time - turn the printer on, go to Control Panel, Scanners and cameras.

If your scanner shows there, double click it and see if the Wizard will operate it (helps to insert something to scan tho).

When I go to my computer, it gives a copy of the device and then says this:
    The scanning software could not be found or your scanner is not connected. Please make sure your scanning software and your scanner are properly installed. Before, (Idid have XP) I used the scanning wizard...to scan.
    SusieQ

Okay, I went to the control panel and opened up the icon which said scanner and camera. I clicked on the icon for my scanner and it gave the message. I then tried to install it using the wizard. It asks for the disk. Question, do I insert the CD with the original drivers on it. I still have it from when I bought the All in One.
    SusieQ

You could -the OfficeJet r65 is supported by XP SP2 if you go through Add New Hardware - either should work. You said it was printing, and you did, I believe, do a full install of the drivers, so I would have thought the scanner was already 'drivered'.