Help Please - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help Please

The site I posted was: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/...s-P5GD1-FM.pdf

Now, I iknow you don't read what others post BUT I hope this time you will note that the link starts www.fujitsu-siemens.

This, to a super sleuth, might imply that the Branded Site I linked to re the P5GD1-FM motherboard was Fijitsu-Siemens, NOT Asus.

The fact that Fujitsu-Siemens sees fit to recommend Bios flashing for that board using Asus Afudos notwithstanding, my point was valid.

Quote Originally Posted by whautot
    done that but it still say cannot find file P5GD1FM.ROM. As I say can not find the file anywhere and when I try and use undisker to view inside the .iso from fujitsu nothing is there?
    OK, let's assume you burned the iso image correctly and it created a bootable cd. Can you explore the CD (right click the drive in my computer and choose explore).

If you can explore it, please post what files and folders are on the cd.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

CCT & OMG
    While the manual states that this is a straight Asus board (see 1st page of pdf file), I wouldn't encourage a non technical person to attempt flashing with the Asus rom file. As OMG said, the flash util is just the util and can be substituted for other flash utilities. It is the rom file that is important.

Now if that board has twin bios, or other form of bios recovery, or the right bios chip so I could hot swap the bios, I would give the asus rom file a go and see what happened knowing that I could put it back to rights without a problem. I wouldn't recommend this to a non tech unless they were very very very very very desperate and understood that it may mean buying a new motherboard.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Right I can mount the image and explore, it shows that it is 1.75MB but there are no files to view. To be honest I have now bought the exact same mobo off ebay cause it was cheap so will give that a go. I still dont understand why fujitsu cannot supply this particular file. I have downloaded BIOS for a different model (P5GD1-VM) and am tempted to try it by renaming and putting on floppy. I can't see me making matters worse than they already are??

I think you didn't burn the file right. If you want to send it to me, use the board to email me and I will reply and you can then send the file. I can't download the iso without the serial number.

I came across only 1 post from a german guy who tried using the VM bios; basically killed his chip.

did anyone find a solution for this problem?? i am having the same problem and i really cant find de .rom for P5GD1 FM.....
    please help

Welcome to Windrivers dantei.

There are several problems mentioned in this thread... could you be more specific?