What Service is Responsible for Low Battery Alerts?

Thread: What Service is Responsible for Low Battery Alerts?

Banned

What Service is Responsible for Low Battery Alerts?

i turned off lots of service on my xp pro. i think i turned off one of the services responsible for alerting you of low battery. which service is responsible for giving low battery warnings?

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit View Post
    how is that funny?

and your link isnt related to the question. i asked about what service is responsible for giving alerts since i think i may have turned off my services by accident. i dont know which service is specifically responsible for this.

It's funny because people turn off services thinking
    Oh this will speed my computer up and make it much faster.
    When in truth it does nothing like that except cause problems,
    like the very one your experiencing.
    Now as to whether my link has anything to do with what you were asking.
    It does indeed. It gives the actions required to turn on the low battery alarm.
    That should produce an error when the service is turned off and tell you a service is not running and likely what to do about it.
    http://laptopbatteryone.com/common/p...roubleshooting
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

oblad I think your'e approacing streamlining the wrong way. Just going wildly and disabling parts of windows is about the same as overhauling your car with a sledgehammer. If you're interested in a light efficient build for XP try making an optimized build disk using a Windows Installation Customizer.

To be honest I don't see any reason you need to streamline XP on todays machines.

P.S.
    Avoid tweaking your registry unless you know what you're changing and doing. It's a lot harder to fix those changes than the other methods when it goes disasterously wrong.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit View Post
    It's funny because people turn off services thinking
    Oh this will speed my computer up and make it much faster.
    When in truth it does nothing like that except cause problems,
    like the very one your experiencing.
    Now as to whether my link has anything to do with what you were asking.
    It does indeed. It gives the actions required to turn on the low battery alarm.
    That should produce an error when the service is turned off and tell you a service is not running and likely what to do about it.
    http://laptopbatteryone.com/common/p...roubleshooting
    well disabling my services definitely has improved bootup and performance.. and its done well with my battery too.

but again, your link has nothing to do with the specific service that i'm asking about.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    oblad I think your'e approacing streamlining the wrong way. Just going wildly and disabling parts of windows is about the same as overhauling your car with a sledgehammer. If you're interested in a light efficient build for XP try making an optimized build disk using a Windows Installation Customizer.

To be honest I don't see any reason you need to streamline XP on todays machines.

P.S.
    Avoid tweaking your registry unless you know what you're changing and doing. It's a lot harder to fix those changes than the other methods when it goes disasterously wrong.
    and who said i'm "going wildly and disabling parts of windows"? you wronlgy presume what i'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by oblad View Post
    and who said i'm "going wildly and disabling parts of windows"? you wronlgy presume what i'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblad View Post
    i turned off lots of service on my xp pro.
    You're correct. I made a bad judgement based on the multiple posts about parts of windows not working after groups of services and start up functions were disabled admittedly by you. I was totally unfounded and came to an irrational conclusion. I will hold my comments to myself from now on just to make sure not to offend you any further.
    Last edited by Niclo Iste; August 13th, 2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Just doing my thing
    One Script to find them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    You're correct. I made a bad judgement based on the multiple posts about parts of windows not working after groups of services and start up functions were disabled admittedly by you. I was totally unfounded and came to an irrational conclusion. I will hold my comments to myself from now on just to make sure not to offend you any further.
    ok, youre acting in a passive aggressive tone which isnt necessary. i didnt mean to complain. i do appreciate your help. but to describe me as "going wildy" in disabling services is far from accurate. my setup is perfect. its just that i got a couple of things i need to iron out, thats all.

look, it happens. when a computer enthusiast starts dabbling in software, this is the risk he takes. it doesnt mean that hes out to destroy his computer. he does it to make his system run faster and more efficient. and in a sense, its good this way for the sake of trial and error as a learning process.

but no, i didnt mean to come across as mean. so dont take it the wrong way. i value your help.

Well I appreciate you taking the time to reply in a kind manner, I did not mean to insult with my reply it was a general statement to remind you to be mindful of what you get involved with. I do respect that you are experimenting as that is the best way to learn. Just if you're not sure what results you are going to get it's best to note each change beforehand. This way you can undo what you did but also have your own growing "symptoms & cause" list to use in the future. If you are really interested in a light efficient build to start with I still suggest making your own custom install CD. nLite is a very nice utility for this. It will take some practice to make the perfect build but if you're willing to go through time and a stack of burnable CDs learning it's a great and efficient way to have a ready to go streamlined build.
    One Script to find them.