Can anyone help?

Thread: Can anyone help?

Red face Can anyone help?

My Spec: P3800, AbitSH6, 13gig maxtor, lg dvd, memorex cdrw, sblive! 5.1, USR 56k PCI, 256mb pc133 ram, Win98SE, latest drivers, temps ok, no viruses, DX8A

Problem: seems I'm getting a lot of BSOD from files in the IOSUBSYS folder, first was SCSI1HLP.vxd then CDVSD.vxd, both cd drives giving BSOD when putting any cd in drive, was using Intel UltraATA driver 6.10, but make things even worse also getting random reading error from the floppy drive, clean formatted drive, reinstalled win98se, still there also re-flashed bios cleared cmos etc, still having problems, used to be able to use ata driver with no problems, I'm thinking maybe error with mobo, has anyone got any ideas or point me in a direction of util to check board out, no problems with games as long as a cd does not go in any drive, please help?

Try this link to see if any of these utils can help you.

http://www.tweakfiles.com/diagnostic/

Those issues you list. A couple other culprits could be bad power supply, flakey ram or mb as well. Was this a system you built or was it a complete unit from a computer store?
    Are there any potential irq's causing conflicts??
    Don't use the drivers for the i815 chipset from abit's website, they are older. Use the newer ones from intel's website.
    Try a good know cd-rom from a friend or someone just to make sure it isn't either the dvd or cdrw that's giving you problems as well.

Hope this gives you a start.

I have been upgrading myself, this is the first time I have had any problems. I am also using the latest 815E chipset drivers (V3.00.029), I have no conflicts at all.

IS DMA enabled for the DVD and CDRW?
    What I know about computers would fill volumes - what I don't know would fill a wharehouse.