[RESOLVED] Award Bios

Thread: [RESOLVED] Award Bios

Monjen

Lightbulb Award Bios

Need assistance on AWARD BIOS 4.51...failure code is Checksum error.Battery has been replaced...been told to either upgrade or replace bios....how do I do this and with whom? Been told to flash the ROM...what is this and how is it done? any help is appreciated....have tried windrivers.com, but not sure how to proceed.

Salutations,
    I've flashed only a few bios's, but what they had me do is get a program and the file to flash the bios with (they are usualy found on the motherboards web site). Once you have both the program and the flash file boot with a clean disk and load the program. It'll ask you some questions and just answer them then restart and it should work. Atleast the ones that I did worked ok. I have heard of a few people killing their boards by flashing the bios.

Danrak
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

SoccerFiend76

Exclamation

How confortable are you with flashing your bios? I would recommend getting someone who is comfortable with bios flashing.

If there is a problem you can reset the bios with the use of a jumber on most boards (try this first b4 flashing your bios)

I have yet to have a dead board from this (I have even picked up a couple of supposedly "dead" boards due to imprperly done flashes)

Again though, before you flash your bios i recomend just resetting it with the onboard jumbers. The only time I have *needed* to flash a bios was to get an older tx based main board to recognise hard drivers greater than 8.4 gigs.

good luck,

GBJ

You need a new bios chip. You cannot flash a bios that is not already running, the computer needs to be booted up and running to be able to flash it.