Abit boards
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abit boards

Post Abit boards

The store I work at is looking into carrying some different boards and I was wondering what the opinions are. We are looking at maybe Abit boards and has anyone heard of and have an opinion on Eupa boards. We have been using Gigabytes and Asus but with some distributor problems, so..... Some of the distributors around here have the Abit and the Eupa? Anyone know how these boards stack up? I thought I heard Abit has been known to have trouble with some video cards. Any info will be appreciated. Info on other boards welcome but mainly the Abit and Eupa like I said we know we can get them.

Thanks in advance.

GLSmith
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Thumbs up

You can't go wrong with Abit boards. Always my first choice when putting a system together. Extremely easy to set up and very stable. I personally have not had any video card issues.

------------------
    There is no spoon...
    Three things are certain: Death, taxes, and lost data.
    Guess which has occurred.

If I am using Intel I usually try to use Super Micro. AMD/K6 or Athalon I like to use ASUS Boards. I like ABit boards they are pretty good.
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

Joe LoPilato

Abit mobos are very easy to deal with. They are high quality, too. Most new Abits use software to adjust CPU settings, which means no more jumpers. I personally have had good experiences with SOYO motherboards as well.

Hope this helps.

JasonL

Thumbs up

Abit is the only way to go! The best overclockers around and stable is an understatement.

KERNEL32

Thumbs up

ABIT ROCKS PERIOD POINT BLANK!!

Very rock solid very rugged motherboards and the price tells all. I wouldnt buy any other although i have seen good results from TYAN, ASUS, and Epox motherboards. But for your all around rugged motherboard, ABIT is hands down your choice above all.

LuvNCustomers

Mostly Asus. All of our new systems get them. Very reliable. Great web site, and straight foward installs. For cheap AT replacement boards, generally FIC503+. I personally can't stand them but for older machines that need mainboard replacement and run on EDO these do the job.

Yeah, FIC 503+ for those people who want a 500mhz cpu and 60 ns ram. Also use an Atrend AT board with a VIA 133 chipset for those with older cases but want a PIII (but dont want a new case. Go figure). Asus P3V4X for new PIII/Celeron systems. Also use a tekram barebones with an 810 chipset for office system that just need internet and office apps. For Athlons use either an Asus K7M or Aopen AK72. Also keep an Asus P2B-S around for that emergency SCSI server that may need to be built on a moments notice.

Strangely enough none of our distributors carry Abit anymore. They had problems with supplys and higher then average RMAs.

JimS

At our store we use primarily Asus motherboards with some Intel boards for lower-end Celeron systems. If/when we do build an Athlon system for someone we use Asus also. We rarely have distribution problems with Asus motherboards, it's the CPUs that are always the problem. I can't really speak for Abit as I've not much experience with them but from my personal experience with Gigabyte and FIC boards they are absolute junk. We use either the P3V4X or the CUV4X for the majority of our systems, the Intel CA810E for low-end systems, the P3BF for one of our large corporate accounts, the P2B-DS for the majority of servers, and an Intel dual processor server board for some of the high end servers. Both the Intel and Asus boards are excellent.

RandomX

Thumbs up

Unfortunately, I work for a small business computer store. Including myself, there are only 2 people working here, besides my boss. We don't normally carry motherboards, but through experience I can say without a doubt, Abit and IWill motherboards are the most reliable and most configurable. They also have some really cool designs

Stay away from all-in-one MB.
    I had had some problem in WINDOWS-95 with old ABIT Pentium MB with integrated SIS video card (with shared memory).

FessendenTechnologies

Thumbs up

Abit and ASUS (prefer ASUS)
    The big thing is to find a reliable source that is not selling seconds. (Returns and factory rejects. General rule, if its cheep, is a second.)
    Find a reliable source (not necessarily the cheapest) and stay with them.

tecman

Are you tired of hearing an ABIT recommendation?

Sorry, here's another. I was using ASUS for my own machines, and ABIT for customers, every time i'd use a customers computer, i would say, gee, this is great, faster boots, etc. Now, it's all I use.

BigZon

Wink

We carry 95% AOpen motherboards. We have absolutely no problems with them besides the ocassional issues with the AX59Pro board (VIA chipset). We have ocassionally purchased ASUS boards and very ocassionally Abit boards.

You just can't beat the AOpen AX6BC board. It's flawless!

Ribbon Cable

For ATX systems: ASUS or AOpen Mobos. The AX6BC was very good when it was in production. The AX63Pro has some issues, but thankfully most are worked out.

For AT systems: Spacewalker Suttle Series. Beats all others hands down in performance and in reliability. Zero returns after over 250 sold! That's got to be some record.