Why I sigh...

Thread: Why I sigh...

Hybrid View

...So, Intuit simply closed out the support ticket.

And smiled with the satisfaction of a job not done. I get those on the Base.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d View Post
    ...So, Intuit simply closed out the support ticket.

And smiled with the satisfaction of a job not done. I get those on the Base.
    Yeah, it wasn't just Intuit, it was Apple's warranty service that was also half as-sed. I tried to get other backups to restore, but in the end, I had to make a copy of the end of the year file the client's accountant had, and they are re-entering almost 3 months of data. The screwiest thing of all was that the backup files were burned to CD, not stored on the hard drive, so apparently Quickbooks had been having problems for a while, presumably due to the failing drive.

However, on the bright side, the client has a one year support plan now, so if they have any further problems Intuit can't fix, it won't cost them extra.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    However, on the bright side, the client has a one year support plan now, so if they have any further problems Intuit can't fix, it won't cost them extra.
    And that is where the true savings come in. I always prefer saving money on shoddy support over the loss of revenue from shoddy support. Glad I don't use anyting by intuit and I knew there was a reason I hated dealing with their products.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    And that is where the true savings come in. I always prefer saving money on shoddy support over the loss of revenue from shoddy support. Glad I don't use anyting by intuit and I knew there was a reason I hated dealing with their products.
    The reason Intuit has more or less cornered the market is by selling the product cheap to users, and offering accountants free training and free software. Once a business is committed to the basic program, it's easy to sell a web site, credit card processing, and payroll services. At that point, QuickBooks can sell you a mandatory update anytime they want because it's cheaper than changing to another program. Been using Microsoft Office Accounting for 5 years now, and I'll never, never, ever, use any of Intuit's crap again. But, lots of customers do.

Usually I do not learn article on phorums, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article. best wishes

well at least we have bots that give us thing to read,