ESS 1970 Canyon 3D driver w2k
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESS 1970 Canyon 3D driver w2k

Question ESS 1970 Canyon 3D driver w2k

My daughter has a micron TransPort ZX laptop running win 98 I want to upgrade it to 2000. I have found all the associatede drivers I need except the ESS 1970 Canyon 3D. A net search indicates this is a tough one. Anyone know where I can get that driver?

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Question

Thanks so much for the response. But now I must display my ignorance. Everest gives two devices. The ES1978 Maestro-2 e sound and the ES1970 Canyon 3D I am not sure what the 3D does and whether the driver you referenced above works for both of these?

The driver listing is supplied by the laptop manufacturer - it supplies drivers on a model number basis. Check the laptop model against the model on the page. Why everest is reporting another sound device, I am not sure, unless it was a hybrid chip or you have a pcmcia sound card also in use?

ESS make chips which manufacturers combine into their product. ESS unlike many manufacturers provide reference drivers for many of their chips, but where they made chips for a specific company, they refer you to the company they made the chips for.

Install the drivers supplied by MPC, it should take care of the sound.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Smile

Will do. I had gone to the ESS site they refer you to the board manufacturer. The board comes up as a SEC 443BX mobile platform. I could not find anything on the net about that. I willupgrade the machine in the next day or so and let you know how I make out. Thanks again.

Don't forget to at least review the laptop maker's instructions for loading windows 2000... especially paragraphs 5,6 and 7

Question

My daughter did not send any documentation do you have a link for that reference or can you cut and paste it here? Thanks very much.

umm the link is above, just click on it.

Sorry did not realize that MPC was the laptop manufacturer guess I need to read that whole site once I input the serial number and see waht they got specific. Thanks for keeping me honest.

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone the site that NooNoo provided gave me everything I needed. The laptop is upgraded and everything seems to be running fine.

Glad to hear it.

ESS 1970 Canyon 3D driver w98

I am looking for ESS 1970 Canyon 3D driver w98. Could anyone help me? Thanks

Welcome to Windrivers B0B

the canyon driver the ZX Win 98 is here This is the mpc driver as above... it may not work if your laptop is a different make/model.
    Last edited by NooNoo; October 5th, 2005 at 07:04 PM.

Thank you for your information, but I got the message"550/support/Notebook?ZX/Win9x/ZXAUDW9x.exe(/url:the system cannot find the path specified" when I click the link.

my bad, it works now.