Platypus' Prediction Game - Page 39
Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Platypus' Prediction Game

True, so true... I have a Playstation 2 and have yet to try it.

I predict that the next poster thinks Shakespeare was over rated.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Sorry, but Billy the Bard combines the best of English poetry and drama into works that are still intensely compelling even if the interface is a bit dated. Anyway, isn't posting on a forum equivalent to playing a MMORPG?

In the same vein, I predict that the next poster wonders if Stephen King has had an original idea in the last 20 years.
    Last edited by slgrieb; November 17th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Wrong. I am a King fan for the most part (only ever read one I put away after less than a dozen pages, which is actually the ONLY book I ever bought or borrowed and never read after I started it).

IT, The Stand, Salems' Lot and the Dark Tower (Gunslinger) Series are what reading entertainment is supposed to be, FUN!

Certainly, these are not cerebral challenges, but they weren't intended to be. Just entertaining.

The Bard had the often experienced opportunity to be a greatly appreciated author and playwright AFTER he died.

King got his NOW!

I predict the next poster will disagree.

i agree,King is one of the best story teller of his time,he makes an ordinary story into a very compelling one,
    i bet next poster is younger then i,

hmmm, how old are you clauded?
    In my heart I am still 25... I wish I was!

The next poster has a bought a load of christmas presents already, but forgot to get wrapping paper.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Not true, NooNoo! I bought only one, a book for the better half that she has been hinting about. never wrap, I buy the little festive paper bags and put the gift inside.

I predict that the next poster has been thinking about getting a new cell phone, but is putting the decision off.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Wrong......I rarely think.

I predict the next person likes boating.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

True - just that boating hates me. Ruined props, stalled engines, rules against drinking even if you aren't the operator.

I dug a pond, watch the water, and no sailboats ever appear.

So sad really!

I predict the next poster thinks I am whacko!

Quote Originally Posted by CCT
    I predict the next poster thinks I am whacko!
    Wrong. I don't think, I know.

I predict that the next poster had one or more (short-lived) red-eared sliders as pets as a child.

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!

Red eared what???? I had dogs... lots of dogs - we bred labradors...

The next person is thinking about Ebaying some stuff so that they can have a bit more cash for Christmas.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Red-eared slider...

Nope, no plans to eBay anything, but do need extra Xmas cash. The oldest boy has returned to the nest, unemployed and bearing debts. Ho, ho, ho!

The next poster is planning a nice long trip for the holidays.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Nope, we are tired of long trips for the Holidays and think it would be really nice if our family made some of these 500-600 mile treks to visit us.

As an aside, this is the Year of Our Lord 2007. 2007 - 20 = 1987. Salem's Lot = 1975, The Shining = 1977, The Stand = 1978, and It = 1986. The Dark Tower V. 1 made it into book form in 1982, after beginning as a series of short stories about a decade earlier under the Richard Bachman pen name.

I'm tempted to predict the next poster has a grasp of the difference between, "in the last 20 years" and "ever", but that looks unlikely. OK, then. I predict the next poster is watching the problems with the upgrade from Tiger to Leopard, and laughing his tush off at all the Apple fanboys.

Perhaps those nice marketing people at Apple forgot to consider that a Leopard eats once a week and spends the rest of the time lolling about in a tree. So lets go back to the last 20 years... and ever.... if you are under 30, then your perception of for ever is the last 20 years.... if like me you are not, it's more like forever since I sat at home and if I wanted to talk to someone I went out to them or went to the phonebox down the road...(and let's not talk about petrol/gas prices!!!)

The next poster woke up late this morning.

Actually, I woke up early (again). Construction on the house is giving me the devil of a time.

Kings' original thought for the last 20 years has been sparse, BUT there were a couple of good moments:

http://www.veinotte.com/king/books.htm

I predict the next poster has done some wood-working project that gives them pride.

Absolutely correct, CCT! I bought a lathe a while ago and am turning out table legs and salad bowls in my sparse spare time.

I predict that the next poster has spare change that they want to roll up and turn in for extra holiday cash.