Panasonic DVX100B not compatible with Vista Home Premium...?

Thread: Panasonic DVX100B not compatible with Vista Home Premium...?

Question Panasonic DVX100B not compatible with Vista Home Premium...?

I have a Panasonic DVX100B, and it's not detected on my Vista Home Premium...

well, it makes the Hardware Detected sound, and it shows up in the device manager, but with an exclamation mark next to it. I tried to go to Update Driver Software, but it says the 61883 Class Bus Device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Any ideas?

Welcome to Windrivers Tobuscus

I have deleted your other post.

This problem happened with XP here There is not a "fix" for vista that I can find, so I am going to suggest you try this xp fix and see if it works.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I tried to run that, but Windows just said "This is made for a different version of Windows."

I was trying to install XP, but it says my harddrive wasn't detected or powered on. I read somewhere that I can turn AHCI off and it will work, but that supposedly would slow down the comp..?

Someone suggested
    "1. Download the Matrix drivers from above and unzip them to a folder.
    2. Take those files and put them on a blank floppy disc. (Yeah those old 3.5" ones)
    3. When you first start loading the XP install files, it says to press F6 to install RAID drivers or whatever, just press F6 and wait for it to load.
    4. You will need a USB floppy drive with your nice, new disk in it and you will have the option to add a device, select the SATA mobile option and it should all be peachy!"

Maybe that could work... I don't have a floppy drive though (though I could pick one up)

Any idea?

The fix didn't work - it just said "This is for a previous version of Windows."

Something like that anyway... I think I posted a response earlier but it didn't show up - does each post take several hours to appear? I'm a noob.

I hear a way to fix this might involve getting a USB Floppy drive and putting Matrix drivers on it. I dunno... I don't like the feeling that I can't reformat... ar!

Welcome Tobuscus,

One thing you have not mentioned is the specs of your PC or laptop. Since you are trying to install XP on this system, it may not be possible. An example of this is, I had a client who wanted XP Pro on his new laptop, (Toshiba), because he did not like Vista.

Being cautious, I called Toshiba to check on hardware drivers for the system. I was told you cannot install XP since the hardware is Vista specific and there are no drivers and will not be any drivers for the XP. I would check with the manufacture support of your system to see if this is possible.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Hi!

I have a Vostro 1500 - I could've chosen WinXP as the OS, but I went with the free "upgrade" to Windows Home Premium (unfortunately).

I talked to the Dell tech support over chat and they have no idea how to tell me how to reformat, they wanted me to run some diagnostics. Whenever I boot from CD to reformat, it tells me my harddrive isn't powered, but the Dell rep is naturally confused by this and suggested they replace my entire harddrive (though there's nothing really wrong with it). I asked if they could replace it and have the new drive come with XP, but no. Not even if I paid the extra for a new XP!

if you need to know it's 2.0 GHz dual core, 8600m GT video card, 2 gigs ram, 120 gig HD

You can't, afaik, install XP AHCI drivers or Raid drivers without a 3.5" floppy (usb/firewire won't work).

Vista comes with the drivers already in the software, so many manufacturers aren't including a floppy drive (saving the 10$ - cheap buggers).

So, for XP AHCI/Raid you either get a floppy drive OR re-install Vista.

If your bios allows configuring S-ata drives as IDE, then you could possibly install XP using that method.

edit: I have read a little about slipstreaming AHCI/Raid drivers into an XP SP2 disk BUT I have never tried it. You should be able to do that with your system running Vista.
    Last edited by CCT; October 14th, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Hmm. Do you know if the drivers I need are "Matrix" or something? In the post I copied earlier, the guy suggested putting them on the floppy and when it asks, select SATA mobile.

I could just borrow a USB Floppy drive from Best Buy, reformat my comp, then take it back... I'm just afraid that it'll mess it up even further.

I wouldn't reformat, but my DVX100B camera isn't detected by Vista, and I couldn't find a solution to that. I'm running into brick wall after brick wall. I need a sledgehammer.

While I found this site and related info, the decision to try the XP install is all yours:

http://www.ideastorm.com/article/show/73678

gl - let us know how it goes

Cool

Ha! That's the same thread I was looking at! It's destiny.

I have a Vostro 1500 that came with Vista Home Premium - but Vostro 1500s support either, just go to support.dell.com and pick your model number (not your Service Tag #), then pick XP drivers and download the ones you think you need (there are a bunch you don't).

Last night I actually used the advice of one of the people on that thread - get a USB Floppy (and... keep the receipt*), put the Matrix drivers for 32bit XP on there (linked at the site you linked), boot from XP installation CD, push F6 to choose "SCSI or RAID drivers," Specify an additional device (the Mobile SCSI AHCI choice), then... the huge step... deleting the partition(s) and doing it.

I had no problems - setup extracted files, rebooted, I turned off boot from CD, got into Windows. Everything looks great so far - I'll let you know if it explodes.

Toby